At Luna, that's why we've designed multiple versions of our bestselling weighted blanket to offer you various fabric options and sizes that fit your specific needs.
Here, we'll break down what the difference is between each and what experts have to say about how they can support better rest and promote overall calmness.
1. The Standard Cotton Weighted Blanket
According to experts, the standard cotton weighted blanket earns the number one spot because of its affordability, accessibility, and unassuming ability and functionality to help reduce anxiety.
Don’t be fooled by the affordable price tag on this blanket. This blanket offers top quality... just without the pretentious price tag.
The Luna Cotton Weighted Blanketsets the bar for the industry standard. Its construction is known for:
- 100% cotton that is soft and comforting while never contributing to overheating.
- Medical-grade glass beads that keep things hypoallergenic, sanitary, and cooling.
- 100% post-consumer waste recycling polyester fiberfill keeps things soft and airy inside the signature airflow quilted chambers.
Experts agree that using a weighted blanket for adults and children alike heralds the therapeutic qualities of deep pressure stimulation. This assists in enhancing mood, decreasing stress, and aiding in the promotion of peaceful sleep.
The ultimate question is whether or not doctors actually recommend the use of weighted blankets to treat anxiety?
Doctor Jennifer Dragonette, PsyD, a psychologist, and the executive director with Newport Academy in the San Francisco Bay Area does. She says that “Wrapping yourself up in a weighted blanket triggers your body’s natural stress reduction hormones, including serotonin and oxytocin, known as the “cuddle chemical.”
The hormones serotonin, melatonin, and oxytocin promote peace and happiness, while a reduction in cortisol, the stress hormone, has a significant impact on relieving stress.
2. The Sherpa Weighted Blanket
TheSherpa Weighted Blanket adds a cozy and tactile component to a well-constructed blanket.
Its construction boasts:
- A cozy and fuzzy microfiber shell to make cuddling and napping extra soft.
- Hypoallergenic and high-quality materials and construction.
- Oeko-Tex 100 Standard Certified.
3. Cooling Bamboo Weighted Blanket
One of the most-asked questions we get: do weighted blankets make you hot?
Many folks sleep hot, whether due to climate, environment, stress, medication, or bodily change, like menopause. Regulating your body temperature at night can be difficult for a variety of reasons.
So Luna’s weighted blankets were created to take this prevalent issue into account. If this issue is a significant source of trouble for you, try ourCooling Bamboo Weighted Blanket.
Use weighted bamboo blankets to fight the heat:
- Bamboo is naturally thermoregulating, and so are the fibers made from the grass itself.
- Bamboo is naturally moisture-wicking, pulling moisture away from the body and dries quickly, similar to wool.
- Bamboo forests grow rapidly and can be grown repeatedly in the same spot, unlike other fibers.
- Bamboo requires very few pesticides to stay healthy, which helps keep localized environments and animal and insect populations intact while also not polluting the water.
- Bamboo absorbs more carbon than other types of trees or forests of the same size, making it an incredibly environmentally friendly plant that can aid in healing our planet.
This blanket is so cool (in more ways than one). Lyocell bamboo is a closed-loop chemically processed bamboo fiber that is one of the most sustainable manufacturing techniques on the market. Most chemical processing of bamboo can wreak havoc on the surrounding environment and waterways. However, lyocell can be manufactured in a closed-loop, meaning that the chemical waste is never released into the environment. That same liquid can be used again and again to make new fibers continuously.
So if you are looking for a weighted blanket that is the complete package, look no further than the Cooling Bamboo Weighted Blanket as it will help you feel calm, cool, and protect the earth while doing so.
More to Consider Before Purchasing
With all the positive research on weighted blankets, we have to mention a few reasons specific individuals should not use a weighted blanket to treat their ailments. If you fall under any of the following considerations, chat with your doctor before using a weighted blanket.
- There are certain cases when weighted blankets should not be used to replace established treatments for anxiety or sleeplessness. You should always consult with your doctor or therapist before making decisions that could affect your mental health.
- You should never use a weighted blanket as a replacement for your doctor-prescribed medication or treatment.
- Weighted blankets should not be used on children that cannot remove them on their own, or for children under the age of one.
- If you have sleep apnea, you should avoid using a weighted blanket unless your doctor approves it.
- If you have certain panic disorders, you may not have a positive experience with a weighted blanket.
Finding the Blanket That’s Right for You
Are you ready to give weighted blankets a try? If you are still looking for ways to elevate your sleep, look no further than Luna, we have something for the whole family.