If you've ever had trouble sleeping because of aches or pains, or spent the night tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable position, it might be time to consider an orthopedic knee pillow.
What is an Orthopedic Knee Pillow?
An orthopedic knee pillow is a specially designed pillow that can be placed between your knees while you sleep. The right knee pillow has a contoured, ergonomic design that stays comfortably in place.
You can sleep with a regular pillow between your knees, but an orthopedic pillow offers greater benefits and a better night’s sleep.
How Does Sleeping With a Pillow Between Your Knees Help?
There are many benefits of sleeping with an orthopedic knee pillow. It’s an excellent method for improving knee, hip, and spine alignment. Proper alignment can reduce sciatic pain and decrease the overall stress on your back, hips, and even your neck.
The right orthopedic knee pillow can also relieve pressure points. By keeping your legs gently separated, you even out the pressure between your lower back. Evening out the pressure helps promote better blood circulation.
Anyone can take advantage of the benefits of a knee pillow, but it's most commonly used as a pregnancy knee pillow or for back relief. A lot of people find relief from the pain of herniated or bulging discs, too.
Once you start using a high-quality orthopedic knee pillow you’ll wonder how you slept without it. Proper body alignment feels great and may help you finally get the deep, restful sleep you crave.
What Should I Look for in a Knee Pillow?
Not every knee pillow has what you need to sleep comfortably. Here are some recommendations to keep in mind:
- Flexibility to be used in more than one position. Usually, you’ll place it between your legs or knees as you sleep on your side. But look for one that can also be used to elevate an ankle or fit comfortably under your shoulder.
- Moves to the contours of your body. Look for good-quality responsive memory foam that moves with you and stays in place. It should be firm enough to be supportive, yet soft enough to be comfortable for a full night of sleep.
- High-quality materials. Keep your eye on the practical details of any addition to your sleeping area. Look for a knee pillow with a removable, machine-washable cover. It should be easy to take off and put back on after washing. Your knee pillow should be hypoallergenic to keep your sleeping area fresh and clean.
- Chemical-free (but durable) foam: Make sure the foam in your orthopedic knee pillow is safe. Look for foam without chemicals. CertiPUR-US responsive memory foam is chemical-free and offers excellent contour and support.
- Air flow for optimal ventilation: You may be concerned about a knee pillow being too warm, especially if you're a hot sleeper. Look for one with plenty of ventilation built into the design. The combination of airflow and memory foam creates an ideal breathable, fluffy-feeling pillow.
Add a Knee Pillow to Your Sleep Toolkit Today!
Getting enough good-quality sleep is important to your overall well-being. Rest helps you concentrate, improves your mood, and gives your body a chance to replenish itself. An orthopedic knee pillow can help you sleep more comfortably and reduce stress in your hips, neck, and back. With your spine in proper alignment, you can feel more relaxed and even wake up feeling less stressed.
Finding the right knee pillow is easy when you know what to look for. Don’t settle for low-quality rest caused by poorly aligned sleep posture. Get a high-quality memory foam orthopedic knee pillow that is easy to care for, moves with you, and provides the support and comfort you deserve.